Features of the New Siemens Verio 3T Scanner
- The Verio has a 32-channel coil that is producing excellent fMRI and diffusion results.
- The Verio has a larger bore than the Trio (70 cm vs 60), providing substantially more psychological and physical comfort, particularly for children, larger participants, and participants with anxiety.
The scanner was funded by a High-End Instrumentation (HEI) Grant from NIH.
As needed by investigators:
- Simulator/mock scanner
- Visual stimulus projector & screen
- Audio system & headphones
- Response apparatus (glove, button box)
- Physiological monitoring
- Computer infrastructure